Our house eats granola and cereal like a drowning man eats oxygen. Which really made so much more sense in my head, but whatever. We really, really like the stuff and sometimes are guilty of spending too much cash on it.
Here are a few homemade granola recipes that are healthy, delicious and much more cost effective than, say, even taking the deep dive into the Whole Foods bulk bins granola. Just go for the rolled oats instead
- Granola most similar to what we whip up (with fruit, sweetener and nut variations)
- Alton Brown's granola recipe
- Quinoa and vanilla bean granola
- Pumpkin butter and pepita granola from Smitten Kitchen
- Almond vanilla granola
- Raw granola (for those with a dehydrator – or low oven)
Got your own special recipe to share? Leave a comment and let us know!
Photo thanks to Flickr user KayVee Inc.