Cutie Gwen Bell has kicked off her Best Of 2009 Blog Challenge
- taking the last days of this year to review the peeps, events and
awesomeness that has made 2009 the bomb diggitiy. Each day has a
different focus that hundreds of Bloggers are making their own. Check it!
Food is a big big deal in our family – we love shopping for it, cooking it and… most definitely… going out for it. Today's Best of 2009 is all about our favorite restaurant moment – the flavors, company and experiences that made one shared (or solitary) meal something to remember.
- Connecting with Adam over posole at the lovely Orlando's New Mexican Cafe in Taos, New Mexico
- Every Sunday brunch experience ever with Ella and Adam – I am such a brunch junkie, seriously
- Italian enchiladas and peach Bellinis with Buffy and our crew at Spaghetti Western
- Brunch with a book in NYC at Moby's vegan teaNY – sitting next to and chatting with Alicia Silverstone and not realizing it was her until after I had already left (hah)
- Catching the literal tail end of lunch with Courts at the Guggenheim in NYC after being lost for 2 hours in the subway (sigh)
- An impromptu dinner with Jonti and Denise at their completely awesome little casa on wheels – we just love those ladies.
- SXSW lunch with Erin in Austin at the delish Iron Cactus
- Countless cupcakes with some of the sweetest friends I know
- Discovering our current favorite Buddhist vegetarian restaurant in our hometown – gawking at the fearlessness of Ella's veggie appetite
- A surprising number of amazing lunches at this great French cafe in Houston – Andres Cafe. Without fail, every meal I shared there was with another amazing woman that has impacted my life greatly this year.
- This year I've eaten more sushi than any other year before (and that's REALLY saying something), mad love to the sushi chefs at Nori Sushi for not getting sick of my random fish questions.
- A recent dinner to kick off the opening of (Schipul client) Bistro Alex with the glowing JJ and her fab! hubby Karl was astoundingly delicious – and a fun double date to boot! Also totally cool that our server is on Twitter and is now the restaurant's Social Media advocate I love the Internet…
- And last but not least, this has been the year of the Spicy Pickle – a chain sandwich shop that I stood in line for a grand opening and won a free lunch every week for a year (YAY!!!). The food is very good, but our memories of family soup and sandwich dates are even more delicious.