I’m not a fan of those ‘hey, sorry guys – I haven’t posted in ages’ blog posts (I mean, life happens and we all get it). But… hey, sorry guys – I haven’t posted in ages.
Life changed pretty dramatically for happykiddo and I since 2014 – a break up of a 9+ year relationship with someone that means a tremendous amount to me, an ongoing healing process, a life / home / brain re-building, a new relationship, an engagement, new grades, increased work responsibilities. I mean… wow.
We have lived through some wacky emotional extremes and manage to keep regular life bumping along.
So, what’s new?
- Ella is an energetic and supremely delightful 4th grader – longboarding, graffiti hunting and being her sweet, curious, musical self as always. She has another blog that you should check out: Childish Graffito graffiti hunting blog.
- I started dating and fell hard for a sweet man named Joshua – a strong, kind, funny, Japanese denim-collecting bearded man. We are getting married in March 2016 and THAT IS AWESOME.
- Ella and I sporadically attend an aerial silks class – think Cirque du Soleil but a gazillion times harder than it looks when you’re watching from a seat eating popcorn.
- I’m back to regular yoga practice now that my bum knee has healed – this return has been transformative (thanks Yoga With Adrienne!!).
- Our precious dog Lola was killed and we have since welcomed a sweet ball of fur named Neko (aka: NekoNotCase).
- At work, I’m still being challenged (and loving it) as Director of Social Marketing at Blinds.com – geeking out over social strategy, public speaking and working alongside an incredible group of people.
So, I’m back. And you’re here. And that’s wonderful.
I hope you are well and high five you a millions times over.