The idea is to write a 7 point TELL ALL BLOG POST!!! and then electronically chase some other Blogger kids on the Internet playground and tag them too. So here we go:
- Proud, proud Mommy of a punk rawk kiddo – this isn't really a random or surprising tidbit about me, but is so important in my world that it just has to be up top here 🙂
- I love/adore/100% completely dig graffiti – I am so down with
(pretty much) all that is urban art. Wheat pasting, stenciling, tags,
pieces, throw ups – it's fascinating to see some of the creativity and
skill out there, finding unexpected beauty in the urban landscape. That's why I love local cats like Aerosol Warfare and sites like Wooster Collective and FatCap.
- My job pretty much completely kicks butt – I work for a company called Schipul – The Web Marketing Company here in Houston as a Communications and Social Media geek. We have an amazing client list and a fantastic culture, it's my job to be a blogging, Facebook and psychology junkie. My brain grows everyday; I am incredibly lucky (and also incredibly incredibly busy). If you hear me chattering about books, public relations, presentation slides and strong email subject lines you can blame Ed Schipul.
- Loads of black and a glitter rainbow – thanks to being a klutz and quite prone to spilling things on or near my person, I wear an unusually large amount of black. However, my house is some sort of technicolor dreamcoat land. Seriously, I have cobalt, teal and 'grass' green walls – and a velvet orange couch to boot. Highly saturated living quarters hopefully balance out my mono saturated wardrobe.
- My heart beats hip hop – when I was pregnant with Ella, I listened to hip hop all the time. I mean alllll the time. J5, De La Soul, Mos Def, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, etc. The result: my child is seriously the most well coordinated 2-year-old mistress of the beat who drops it like it's hot whenever the spirit moves her. She's brilliant. I'm also pretty jazzed about music in general and can play the piano, violin, (a teensy bit of) guitar and sing. I should really practice more though.
- Food for thought – cooking, eating and drinking are some of my favorite past times. I have a *very* quickly growing collection of well-loved cookbooks (of the regional, specialty, ethnic, vegan, vegetarian and raw variety – I love experimenting). One day I will write my own cookbook, with all of my own photos. I haven't quite mastered baking yet, except for cupcakes. I adore cupcakes.
- Eyes to the sky – thanks to my Dad (a B-52 and later private pilot) I have a thing for airplanes. And clouds. And weather. And aviator glasses. We used to go up to the EAA Air Show every year and spent a lot of time in various hangars and in the air flying gliders and fixed prop planes. I still literally *have* to stare up in the sky whenever I hear an airplane, to see if I can identify the aircraft.
So here are my tagees, as if that's even a word:
- Ed Schipul – because I've never harassed him with a meme before
- Jonti Bolles – her 7 will be the coolest, she's that kind of lady
- Britt Bravo – she's one gal who always has such interesting things to say 🙂
- SingaporeGrrl – just becauselah!
- Longstation – because he doesn't blog as much as he used to and I miss his posts :(
- Groovehouse – I hope he doesn't think me tagging here is too geeky, but I feel like I don't talk about this guy enough. He's super duper 🙂 and has the photos to prove it!
- Deneyterrio/Jaymac/The Canerican – he's Canadian. Duh.
You guys down? Here's what ya' got to do:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.