We are passionate about the food we eat. Sure, we're the kind of food / hippie nerds that love to add hemp seeds, nutritional yeast flakes and New Mexican chili powder to everything – but that's what's makes us "special".
Here's what's on the menu this week:
Last week I baked a batch of Breakfast Cookies, hoping to find a tasty and cheap on-the-go breakfast for to fill our bellies when we weren't noshing on cereal (addicted to Kashi U Cereal) and fruit.
They worked out great (easy to make and uber-cheap), but were so dense that none of us have really bothered finishing them (past a couple of morning's worth munching). This week, we're going to try something a little more savory.
A. and I can usually swing our lunches pretty easily (leftovers, avocados/tomato/flour tortilla, Naked juice, whatever), but now that Ella is in school and bringing her own lunch, we've got to plan ahead much better. For a veggie kid, you have to be extra imaginative (pb+j gets real old).
- Vegan white bean lunch "meat" (via VeganDad) thinly sliced with brown mustard + accoutrement on bread, diced and sauteed with onions and BBQ sauce on a roll and crumbled Sloppy Joe style on a bun
- Goddess Garbanzo Sandwich on whole wheat tortilla (via cookbook Eat, Drink and Be Vegan)
- Sugarless strawberry preserves, coconut oil and bananas on whole wheat bread
I'm especially excited about this week's dinners as these are all recipes that we haven't tried before (minus our seitan cutlets). For sides, we're going to have steamed veggies, gently sauteed greens, homemade country fries and possibly some couscous on whatever nights we darn well feel like it.
- Sweet Chili Lime Tofu (with quinoa and steamed collards) – via Vegan Yum Yum
- Baked Sweet Potato Falafel – via 100 Cookbooks
- Skillet Gardener's Pie - via Fatfree Vegan
- Tofu fish sticks – via Shmooed Food
- Sauteed seitan cutlets (with Deconstructed Green Bean Casserole) – via our kitchen's impromptu cookery skills (and Vegan Yum Yum)
What YOU got cooking?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.