The AMA Houston Tech SIG hosted a great Blog Forward presentation today with 3 panelists of various Blogging heritages including myself (www.happykatie.com and Schipul), Greg Price (of PKF and www.fromgregshead.com) and Michael Berry (of Ops Manager at Clear Channel and of KTRH blogs).
Many thanks to Rob Roberts and the AMA Tech SIG crew for hosting the event. I’m hoping that participants walked away with some actionable Blogging ideas for their own business online marketing adventures. Scroll to the end of this post to view my presentation slides or visit me on Slideshare here.
In the end, it’s all about the right people and the right content. Once you have those right, the possibilities are limitless. Recruit from within, grow your peoples’ personal brands and BLOG!! I highly recommend checking out this article by Ed Schipul on what to do when starting a Social Media program for additional background.
In case your geekery meter hasn’t overloaded yet, here are some links that I shared while on stage:
- Typepad (which Schipul uses and I use for 2 blogs): www.typepad.com
- WordPress (a great free blog platform that I use for 1 blog): www.wordpress.com
- Movable Type (a little more complex, but great for group blogs): www.movabletype.com
- Blogger (free, but I’m not a huge fan): www.blogger.com
Blog Analytics Tools
- Google Analytics (free and greatly improved!): www.google.com/analytics
- Feedburner (free tool to track your RSS feed #s): www.feedburner.com
- Stat Counter (another freebie): www.statcounter.com
Link Grab Bag
- Flickr (online photography community): www.flickr.com
- Slideshare (like YouTube but for Powerpoints): www.slideshare.net
- Technorati (a search engine for Blogs): www.technorati.com
- Del.icio.us (social bookmarking site that rocks): http://del.icio.us
Thanks to all who participated – I look forward to seeing you on the Blogosphere :) And, of course, feel free to drop me a line sometime: happykatie at gmail.com. Photo thanks to Ed Schipul - click here for more AMA Houston pics!